Since moving into my own home, with my own kitchen, I have turned into quite the baker. But one of the most simple recipes a baker should always have on hand is a nice Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. And I probably tried at least a dozen different ones, and I couldn’t find any that I liked. And then I came across this one! No matter what I do, I can’t seem to burn the cookies. Every time they come out crisp on the edges and gooey in the center. Not kidding! I even rolled up a huge ball of dough, plopped it right in the center of the pan, and it cooked perfectly (it was for a friend’s birthday who didn’t like cake)! Crisp on the edges and gooey in the middle, not burnt at all. I was impressed. So without further ado..here is the recipe!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed, add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add flower to mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-sized balls of dough about 2 inches apart and baking sheets lines with parchment paper.
Bake until cookies are golden-brown around the edges, but still soft in the center, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack , and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
And then you have yummy cookies!
One suggestion: At first I ignored the “drop HEAPING piles of dough” part and just used my cookie scoop. And they were sort of small. So I did a scoop and a half and they came out normal sized!
Well I hope this is your new favorite cookie recipe. And if it turns out to be one of the dozen that didn’t work out for you, I’m sorry. And don’t loose hope! There is a nice chocolate chip cookie recipe waiting out there just for you 🙂
Have a lovely Friday,